The Q&A are geared towards helping those discerning religious lfe to learn about what we do and to get an idea of the basics of Poor Clares life and to ask any questions they might have. It is conducted through Zoom and those who would like to attend simply send their email address and basic details in advance of the meeting to email@example.com.They will then be sent the link to gain access to the meeting.
Those discerners who prefer a one-to-one Q&A are also accomodated
Here are some of the comments sent from participants of previous Q&As:
- It helped to confirm that I am not going crazy because to be honest becoming a Poor Clare defies all logic!!
- I enjoyed this web chat very much and a lot of what the sisters shared resonated with me and coincided with my own experience and feelings .
- I think the Q&A was wonderful and I only wish we had more time to chat! Thank you very much for permitting me to join.
- I am very thankful and praise God for the opportunity and for the gift of technology .
- It was brilliant and very helpful.
- I really enjoyed listening to the sisters. I thought they were very open and explained things in detail.
- The sisters were very friendly and had some good practical advice too.
- I found the atmosphere very relaxed. I didn’t come away feeling I had to join just because I reached out!
- I found the sisters just want to help to find God’s Will for your life and are happy to help in whatever way they can.
- The session was a rare opportunity to gain insight into the life of the Poor Clares.
- This experience was a useful litmus test to gauge whether God is calling me to discern further towards the contemplative life and specifically, life as a Poor Clare.
- I found it helpful to just hear about a “typical” day in the life of a Poor Clare sister. I also hugely appreciated the sisters being so open to whatever you wanted to discuss
- A variety of frequently asked questions were addressed, and the sisters left plenty of opportunities for participants to hop in and ask a question.
- The Sisters spoke about everything that as an outsider we would want to know; the schedule, the steps taken once a person enters, the quality of their life-how it is really a hidden service at the heart of the Church.
- It was a warm, friendly, casual conversation where it was possible also to ask our own questions.
Here is some feedback from a participant who took part in a one-to-one call:
O sublime humility!
From The letter to the entire order by St. Francis
O humble sublimity!
The Lord of the universe,
God and the Son of God,
so humbles Himself
that for our salvation
He hides Himself
under an ordinary piece of bread!
Brothers, look at the humility of God,
and pour out your hearts before Him!
that you may be exalted by Him!
Hold back nothing of yourselves for yourselves,
that He Who gives Himself totally to you
may receive you totally!