The Online Q&A is an idea that has been developed during the Covid 19 pandemic of 2020. It allows those who would like to know more about Poor Clare life to get insights into it while keeping social distance according to the recommendations in place to stem the spread of the virus. It is, like the other vocations initiatives on this website, an opportunity to take a first step in exploring Poor Clare life.
The Q&A is conducted through Zoom and participants are sent the necessary details in advance to gain access to the meeting by sending their email address and basic details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the comments sent from participants of the Q&A:
- I really enjoyed listening to the sisters. I thought they were very open and explained things in detail.
- The sisters were very friendly and had some good practical advice too.
- The session was a rare opportunity to gain insight into the life of the Poor Clares.
- This experience was a useful litmus test to gauge whether God is calling me to discern further towards the contemplative life and specifically, life as a Poor Clare.
- It helped to confirm that I am not going crazy because to be honest becoming a Poor Clare defies all logic!!
- I enjoyed this web chat very much and a lot of what the sisters shared resonated with me and coincided with my own experience and feelings .
- I think the Q&A was wonderful and I only wish we had more time to chat! Thank you very much for permitting me to join.
- I am very thankful and praise God for the opportunity and for the gift of technology .
- It was brilliant and very helpful.
You have seen how I carried you on eagle's wings and brought you to myself.