indeed, is she to whom it is given to share this sacred banquet,
to cling with all her heart to Him
- Whose beauty all the heavenly hosts admire unceasingly,
- Whose love inflames our love,
- Whose contemplation is our refreshment.
From St. Clare's Fourth Letter to St. Agnes
NBSCCCI Review - Statement from the Poor Clares, GalwayIn
September 2015 we invited the National Board for Safeguarding Children
in the Catholic Church in Ireland (NBSCCCI) to conduct a review of our
Community’s child safeguarding policy and practice. We very much welcome the findings of the report
on our Community which was published today and accept all its
recommendations. We are completely willing and open to collaborating
fully with the NBSCCCI into the future to further improve our child
safeguarding practices, something to which we are strongly committed.
We are deeply saddened that so many children have suffered as a
consequence of abuse by priests and religious in the past and we
continue to pray for all survivors of abuse and their families.
- Counselling Support Service
- Free Phone Ireland: 1800 303416;
- Free Phone UK: 0800 0963315;
- www.towardshealing.ie Monday – Thursday 11am – 8pm; Friday – 11 am – 6
- Spiritual Support Service.
- Tel: 00 353 (0) 1 5053028;
- Mobile: 086 771 0533;
- Email: www.towardspeace.ie