Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy Love.
V. Send forth Thy Spirit.
R. And renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray:
O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit has instructed the hearts of the faithful, grant in the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord.
Examination of conscience using the words
of St. Clare
"Always be lovers of God and your souls and the souls of your Sisters,
and always be eager to observe what you have promised the Lord."
ALWAYS BE LOVERS OF GOD
- Do I love God totally who gave himself totally for me?
- Do I renew that quality of love daily?
- Do I show outwardly in my deeds the love I have in my heart?
- Do I praise God by the manner in which I live my life?
LOVERS OF YOUR OWN SOULS
- How attentive am I to the Word of God in my life?
- Do I thank God daily for the gift of my vocation?
- Is my poverty life giving?
- Am I that faithful soul that becomes His dwelling place and throne?
LOVERS OF THE SOULS OF YOUR SISTERS
- Do I love others with the charity of Christ?
- Do I respond to my sisters with the same kindness, compassion and mercy that God shows me?
- Do I always try to imitate the way of humility, simplicity and charity?
- Do I rejoice in the good things of the Lord that He works in my sisters through His grace?
"May the Lord be with you always and, wherever you are, may you be with Him always. Amen"